Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Surgery

Where has the time gone? I realized I haven't posted anything for a month now! Well, the foot isn't getting better. Still hurts everyday. So, surgery is now my only option. YUCK! Hopefully it goes good and I will be able to jump afterwards! It isn't to big of a surgery, just no fun. I am so sick of the boot and not being able to play at all. I go to practice and just toss balls at my girls. I love to jump in and play with them every once in a while to get things movin' faster. I am just hoping that things go well enough for me to start playing by summer time!! The exciting thing is that I have talked Toby into getting a new outdoor net :) I will update later of how it goes.
Kids are doing GREAT! Growing up so fast and learning so much. Taya loves going to preschool and playing with her friends. Trevor is my talker. He repeats everything I say no matter how hard the word is. I love to make him laugh. He has one of those deep belly laughs. After laughing so hard when I tickle him, he says, "MORE??" So much fun!

4 comments:

Debra said...

That is no fun! I bet it is driving you CRAZY to have to throw balls to the girls and not get in and play. Yuck! I hope your surgery goes well!
Because you had asked before...When I had foot surgery(note...FOOT), I woke up with a huge RED cast FROM MY FOOT TO MIDDLE THIGH.(they thought since I went to BR I would have picked RED! Sheesh! NO!!!)Not only that, my knee was bent! I went in for what was supposed to be a simple surgery, they told me I could play Softball that summer, and I woke up to a HUGE Red Bent Cast that Required Crutches for 4 weeks and then the Boot for what seemed like Forever. My situation was different so don't let me scare you. I was born with a Club foot, and I had already had numerous surgeries. So when I started running and jumping a lot, my foot didn't like it.
Anyways, enough of my sad story...Sorry for the Novel!
I hope that it fixes the problem so you can get back to playing Volleyball!

Ghislaine Richards said...

Sorry that you have to have surgery. That is hard especially when you have to take care of kids too! Hopefully you'll recover quickly!

Chris and Tara said...

I'm sorry your foot isn't doing what it's supposed to. Good luck with the surgery.
I love that you and Toby bought each other the same V-day card. That's hilarious. Ü

Kimberly said...

Best of luck with the surgery. I'm guessing by now you are on your way to a full recovery. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you. I just got called to serve in the RS Presidency. It's brought back a lot of memories of the student ward. You taught me so much. Take care.