Wednesday, October 22, 2008

NEW SHOES



So, I went to go buy Taya some new shoes the other day. I had just bought her some new preschool shoes that were a size 10. She loved them, and I was excited to get some fun shoes for her that would last until next summer. I took her into Famous Footwear and measured her foot. WOW was I off on her size. She measured at a WHOPPING 11.5.... WHAT IS THAT ABOUT! I was SHOCKED to say the least. She is only 3 and a half. The lady told me that to be safe she would need a 12. HOLY COW!!! So, here are the shoes that we ended up with. I vowed to myself that we would NOT get any Disney princess shoes. I was hoping to get her a good pair of Nike or Adidas for future tee ball or soccer. BOY was I wrong!!! She would not let these out of her sight, plus they light up!!! She has been so excited about them. How could I be so selfish and not let her keep them!!! I just hope she doesn't get toooooo tall.........

4 comments:

Tristie hearts Dax said...

Debbie, so great to see your growing family...and you look SO gorgeous. I loved this post about buying shoes. Every time I turn around, I am buying shoes for my kids. Sorry about the disney characters. I have gone 6+ years as a mother and have escaped the character shoes still. But who can resist the lights?

Tristie hearts Dax said...

I should have left my name and blog address in case you didn't remember! Tristie M. from USU 63rd ward! tristie.blogspot.com

Marlaina said...

I too vowed i would never buy the character shoes, but how can you say no when they love them so much????
Looks like you are guys are having fun! Makes me want to go fishing and camping!

Virginia Janet said...

These are so cute..! I too got a pair of cute shoes from Famous Footwear.